Patients & Visitors
Caring for our community for over 100 Years!
Mercy started with a $12,000 gift from the Roseburg community. That’s the sum the Sisters of Mercy raised to construct Roseburg’s first hospital.
The 25-bed Mercy Hospital was dedicated on Feb. 22, 1909, just four months after construction began. It was built on the banks of the South Umpqua River where the Douglas County Health Department currently stands.
Mercy has grown into a sophisticated 174-bed medical center with advanced technology and a continuum of services to ensure Douglas County residents have access to state-of-the-art healthcare without having to leave town.
Today more than 1,000 talented and dedicated employees and 200 compassionate and giving volunteers work throughout Mercy. It is their commitment that has helped Mercy become one of the country's most highly rated hospitals for quality.
Inside CHI - Log in Required
Quality & Patient Safety
Physician Career Opportunities
In 2015 Mercy had: