Back to CHI Mercy Health site
New Strides Joint Center
What to Expect
Tips For Managing Arthritis Pain
New Strides Joint Center - Patient Outcomes
Excellent Patient Outcomes
At the New Strides Joint Center, we are proud of our patient outcomes.
• Doctors report that patients feel well prepared with clear expectations of the entire process.
• Families appreciate and understand the importance of their role in assisting the patient.
• Most patients stand the same day of surgery and are able to walk hundreds of feet the next day. Many walk a total distance of one-half
mile during their hospital stay.
• Patients are typically able to climb stairs and perform exercises with significant range of motion gains.
• Nearly all of the patients achieve a level of mobility that makes it safe for them to discharge directly home within 1-2 days and receive outpatient physical therapy at the location of their choice.
Have more questions? We are here to help. Please call our Joint Care Coordinator to learn more about our patient-centered process for joint replacement surgery or to schedule a tour.
Candice Spence RN, Joint Care Coordinator
Patients & Visitors
Map & Directions